Mission: As Lakewood City Connector Reg Cox is a catalyst leader building collaborative service initiatives within the city by merging leaders in churches, schools, businesses, neighborhoods and nonprofits for the good of the greater community.
Strategic Vision/City Connector Tasks
As the City Connector, Reg will continue to work in the community to be responsive to new needs while enhancing and expanding services already started in the area of education and literacy, capital projects, homelessness, etc.
Specific tasks currently identified include:
- Schools/Literacy: Expand Whiz Kid after school programs from 9 to 15 sites in 2016/17 including all 7 Title 1 schools in order to improve academic scores, enrollments and school success.
- Schools/Families: Fulfill the needs of low income children/families in 2016/17 by partnering with Title 1 family liaisons to establish 2 food banks, 12 after school clubs and 5 parent training programs so more students and their families thrive and succeed.
- Health: Serve on the Jefferson County Community Health Network board in order to accomplish the 2017 “Healthy Community” goals by creating plans to lower childhood obesity, improve insurance access and quality health care for all members of the community.
- Neighborhoods: Facilitate 5 Community Conversations with under-served neighborhoods in 2016/17 in partnership with the Mayor’s office in order to develop positive relationships and determine service gaps so together we can create service initiatives and build sustainable improvements in the city.
- Homelessness: Increase local church support of the Severe Weather Network by expanding from 6 to 8 sites in 2016/17 in order to facilitate cost effective care for the homeless of Lakewood.
- Leading Leaders: Lead/grow the Lakewood Church Network and the Lakewood Faith Coalition by 20% in 2016/17 through building connections and relationships with all churches in the city in order to facilitate a greater network of service partnerships in the city.